We talk about cars a lot here at the what to do about headquarters, because we like fast cars and faster digestion! I know you were thinking I was going to say women, but alas, you are wrong… again.
Cars are better than women because they don’t talk back, and when you give them gas they don’t slap you! I mean, who’s ever complained about their car and their woman in the same sentence… unless it’s in a country song. I sometimes feel like I could detail my car in half the time that my wife could get herself ready. I mean come on, really? The beauty of a good clean finish on your car, you know that? When it gleams in your eye almost winking at you. That. That my friends is when you know you found something special, something that can only belong between a man and his car.
Now that you have found this lovely piece of machinery you must get it or keep it clean depending on the condition of the vehicle upon purchase. I have comprised a list of instructions for the detailing of your new chariot:
- Clean interior thoroughly with low gloss vinyl/leather cleaner -¬†Low gloss because your dash doesn’t need to be so oily that you can’t touch it without getting grease stains on your hands or clothes.¬†
- Use a Q-tip to get into those hard to reach places -¬†There is no reason your ac vents need to be dusty. Those seat belt slots should be well cleaned also!
- Vacuum like never before -¬†Move the blasted seats up and suck the crap out from under the seats and on the sides were everyone likes to drop french fries.
- Wash car -¬†Top to bottom with no drying of the soap or bathing the car in the sun.
- Dry car -¬†Water spots suck!
- Dry door, trunk and hood jams -¬†Thorough boys get more appreciation from the ladies, at least that’s what I heard
- Wipe down the engine -¬†This will make you and your mechanic proud
- Do the windows! -¬†There is no reason for slacking now!
- Dress the tires with tire shine -¬†Make everything shine, but don’t put on so much that you get it all over the rims or splatter it on the car.
If you have not done ALL these things, then please don’t say things like, “I will detail the car for you” or, “she’s detailed and ready to go!” It takes about 2 hours to do it right, but the satisfaction will be worth it. You know you have done well when you can’t stop staring at it while you are walking away.