*This article was written by our good truck owning friend Andrew Lazarz
I’m sure you read the article about needing a truck and hearing about truck owners being selfish about them. Well, I have a list of pros and cons of owning one. I’ll start out with the cons:
1. Your friends feel the need to “borrow” your truck to do projects based on impulse.
2. Being told by hybrid driving tree huggers that you’re the reason for global warming.
3. Hearing people complain that it costs them $30 to fill there car when it cost you $60 for three days worth of driving.
4. Then helping out people, just to stiff you out on gas, beer, or a meal.
The pros of owning one:
1. You don’t have to consider how much room you have when you shop.
2. If it gets muddy or dirty, you don’t feel bad about it cause it’s a truck.
3. You become a vital asset among your friends even though it might be a burden at times, unless its for a girl you like.
4. If you own a 4×4 truck going off-roading is a blast and makes camping much easier.
5. Detailing your truck with NASCAR bumper stickers looks more practical than on a hybrid.
6. It’s a good way to make money wenching out hybrids that lost control on icy roads.
7. Makes moving a heck of a lot easier.
8. And most of all you feel more like a man for owning one.
If you’re considering owning a truck, don’t be a push over and let your friends abuse the use of your truck. If they need your truck so much, tell them to trade in the hybrid and get one. You own the truck, don’t let the truck own you.