Wait wait, back up. I need to explain the shriek. One fine evening I am sitting at a local establishment with a couple friends. We are eating some food and reading some books. Books like: “Codependent No More” and “The Freedom of the Will” and “Into Thin Air”. Suddenly the wall starts moving and we quickly realize that the wall is not a wall it’s a roach. La cookaroacha as it was described.
One courageous friend attempted at apprehending the villain. Suddenly la cookaroacha jumped ship and landed on the table and headed right for the food. I made a feigned attempt at sweeping the villain at another friend… that is where the shriek comes in, the “Aaaaahh, Tim!” shriek.
So what do you do about seeing a roach at a restaurant. Weeeell, you have several options. I will list them and tell you which ones I prefer.
1. You can run around the restaurant and scream “Aaaaaaah La Cookaroacha!!”
2. You can kill it and move on.
3. You can tell management and ask for your bill to be paid.
4. You can throw up.
5. You can make a small, big deal about it, leave, and not think of it again, except for everytime you go back to the restaurant.
6. You can never go back to the restaurant.
7. You can leave a bad review on a website about the restaurant
8. You can start a website with restaurant reviews, you can call it “La Cookaroacha”
I am currently leaning towards the last option. I think that would be kinda fun. I think I prefer options 2,3,5,6,8… depending on the restaurant, the management, and the people you are with. If the management and staff are jerks I would probably do either 3,6,7,8. If the place is cool and the people are cool and the restaurant is otherwise clean, as in, this was an isolated incident, then I would probably do 2. I would like to see someone do option 1… but it’s just not my style… but I would laugh.
At least it wasn’t in the food. I’ll have the sauteed cockroaches!